Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Facial Contouring

Hey Chicas,

I filmed this video during my getting ready for a Halloween Party, so the hair is a little sparkly, and longer/more curly than usual, but that I could get used to!

The techniques that i show in the video are very hard core contouring, that does not have to be done everyday, it is meant to be used for special occasions and the like.  If you are all ready for it, you can do it everyday, it won't look bad by any means, but I don't feel its necessary.

The video, I feel does a pretty good job of describing where to place the contouring/highlighting colors.  I didn't really describe why you would want to contour but, its just to minimize certain areas on the face.  The darker color will make certain areas recede and look farther away, the highlighter will make the area stand out.  So what you are achieving is to give your face more depth and make it look a little bit more chiseled and angled.

So in my lovely mug shot! it helps to show the stages that your face will go through and the before and after of the techniques applied.  Keep in mind I don't have any other makeup on, just  foundation and obviously highlighter and contouring powder.


Products Used:
Milani Sunset Duos - Sunset City
Hard Candy Blush Crushed Baked Blush - Honeymoon
Red Earth - Hot Flush Blush Quad

So if you would like to know how to do this to your face for a special event, you can watch the video to learn.



Caitlin xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment