Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Scream for Eye Cream

UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!!

Hey Chicas!


So I have been in the market for a new eye cream.  However, the few that I have tested, have not ended well.  And especially since winter is coming, you want to make sure that your skin is moisturized.  Well the ones that i have tested was well as the ones that I have used before, totally irritated my skin.  I had a major issue with the skin around and under my eye.  It was red, sore and dry, the skin became dry and scaly, it also hurt to look down at things.

So after it was over and the irritation was gone, I went back to my standard, and oh boy, my eyes didn't like it one bit!

I have read a lot about eye creams on various sites and books.  And the majority of them say that there is little difference to eye cream then simply applying a cream to the eye area.  So my solution involves using items that I already have, and are usable in the eye area.


My secret is Bio-Oil and non-petroleum jelly.  Both of these products can be found at Wal-mart, and other type of those stores.

The Live Clean is found in the baby isle of most stores.

So my process, is as follow:
*use your ring finger to apply all eye products.
1. After a cleansed face, I apply the bio-oil to my under eye area, and on the crows feet area of the eye.  I apply enough of the oil to have it kinda wet looking.  I allow that to seep into the skin for a few minutes.
2. I take some non-petroleum jelly and apply that to the same area as the bio-oil.  The reasoning is that the moisturizing effect from the bio-oil, gets trapped under the non-petroleum jelly and stays there to ensure that the oil is being absorbed and staying in place.

I apply this more heavily at night, and i mean like really cake that stuff on.  In the morning I use a less heavy hand, and really enjoy the dewy effect it gives my under-eye area.  I guess it is catching the light, even under foundation, and helps to make the under the eye area appear less dark, well still moisturizing.



So my suggestion is don't spend tons of money on eye cream, because lets face it, everyone will wrinkle, its just to help minimize and/or slow the effect of them appearing.  Try this combo, and I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Its all that I'm using, and plan to.

Caitlin xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment