So how was your weekend. Mine was very productive, and I'm not being sarcastic at all! We spent Saturday on the hunt for some plants. And by we I mean my mom and I. There was a plant sale, and all the profits were going to a charity, so what better time to buy some plants.
So lets back it up just a little bit....This is the before picture of the outside of the cottage. Ummm I little eh....umm GREEN right. Yeah that's what we all thought to.
It was a total DIY, fix-er-upper and it's been a work in progress for a few years now. The inside has since been completed for a while and the outside has been painted and etc, but the landscaping needed a
little alot of something-something.
First off was paint, and I can proudly say that my mom and I painted the whole cottage ourselves (a little help from my Dad for the tall parts) the front, sides and back!
So we did the planning a little backwards. We bought the plants, all of them for under $40, to that was awesome, but then we needed to decide what we were going to do with them. Hello, Mr. Photoshop..
|click on pic for a larger view|
I'm no expert at this but I think that it helped to at least visualize the look we were going for. Not that the final result ended up this way, because it didn't, but it was a good guide.
I can prove all my hard work, but not by pics yet (they are on a dead phone at the moment, up tomorrow), but by the physical evidence......
yeah umm..ouch is a total understatement.
Lets just keep in mind that this is a day after as well. I have a lot of healing to do. To see a post on how not to this click HERE. To here how I am attempting to fix the above issue, stay tuned!
Oh and if you want to see the flower beds finished......I suppose you should check back too. :-)