Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can your hair avoid humidty?

Hey Chicas!

So with the weather that we we have been having lately is totally on conducive to my hairstyles.  No I'm being 100% serious here.  Its damp out, like the air is damp, or its raining, or the humidity level is high.  Either way  my hair is having a field day!

I'm sure if you have wavy/curly hair that can go straight or curly you understand my pain.  As soon as some dampness comes in the air my hair notices it, and takes advantage of the opportunity to curl in places that....well....I just don't want it to curl!

This is my hair curly....


So its easy to show that when it is blown straight it doesn't take too much to get the curls active again.

Regardless, I thought that I would try the John Fredia Frizz-Ease Weather Works Shampoo Conditioner, and styling creme.

The bottle say that...

"Developed for all hair styles, Weather Works Shampoo with "Shielding" Technology creates a barrier to help block out style-ruining humidity providing essential preparation for weather-resistant hair.  Formulated to provide silky-smooth texture and to control frizz year round. Safe for natural or colour-treated hair.  For daily use."

Personally I think that using anything that will 'shield' your hair is basically putting a coating on the hair shafts, so everyday use it likely not the best.  But for special events or just special days it could work!

So overall in the shampoo and conditioner they were good, nothing special to say, simple, they smelled good though.  The styling creme is really light weight, and doesn't weigh your hair down.

So lets do a little test, I thought.  I used all the products on a day that was 90% humidity and when I was near the waterfront, and it was windy.  So horrible weather for curly/wavy hair that was blown dry straight, but perfect weather for testing the ability of the John Fredia Frizz-Ease Weather Works.

This is my hair after styled, I was sitting solo on these photos so please the facial expressions....well lets say I've seen better :-).
So by no means was it straight as a pin, because come on, you can't fight with nature 100%.  There was some flips on the end of my hair, and curled in and out in other places, but it was not curly (and no I did not curl it, just the blow dryer)!

So I was in the outside weather from 5-11pm near the water, high humidity like 92%, and high winds!  I don't think that any product, and this is no exception, can make your hair NOT curl, well at lest not an at home product.

So my thought are....well what are my thoughts?  I guess that it did an ok job, you judge by the pictures.  (keep in mind that the after pics are with my Atrix, not a real real camera..k?)  It did keep the frizz level fairly low, but did it stop it from curling?....ummm nope-nutta!  So is it worth that extra product taking up space in your valuable bathroom storage.  I really don't think so.  Any John Fredia no frizz  product does the job, so the Anti-humidity just leave it and forget it.


As a side note, I used the styling creme with my normal hair routine, on an equally curly/wavy hair blown straight day weather nightmare.  The results, pretty much the same as when I used it with the shampoo and conditioner, so perhaps the styling creme is a go, but leave the others on the shelf....unfortunately the search continues :-(

Caitlin xoxo
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment