Monday, September 19, 2011

Instyler - Is it the end all be all?

Hey Chicas!!

So I had purchased the Instyler a while ago at Walmart.  It was on clearance for $45, and online I've seen upwards $140, so that was a little push towards getting it for sure.  


 Plus, I was in the market for new straightener, but one that could make hair straight, curl, body etc, I was pretty much sold!  I had seen it on an infomercial down in the states a few months back so I had heard all the hype around it, and figured meh...might as well try for it.  If you aren't aware of it, check out the site, they have videos and tutorials!

So I had tried as just a styler, meaning just smoothing out my hair, and giving it some body.  I find that some straighteners make my hair flat, you know lack of body, and I don't like the pin straight look, my hair is on the fine side, and pin straight just doesn't work so well.  I need the little curl or flip on the end to work it!
So I thought that because it works so well on my hair on normal circumstances, for that extra polished look.  But would it really do what the videos show with curly/wavy hair?

So it was Saturday morning, and I just didn't want to do anything with my hair but it needed something....
See I was right, I couldn't possibly go out...in the public....with that hair (it was a style attempt that FAILED).

Plus I was pretty tired that morning for few exciting reasons (if you don't know what I'm talking about click here for the first, and here for the second), hence the slightly out if it expression...hehe.

So I just followed the directions for the styler that I saw on the infomercials, yes there is a explanation booklet, and even a DVD but umm..its like a hair tool, I wasn't going to waste my time with that! (pss..I think it would help, you'd figure sh!t out alot faster than I did).

I basically sectioned of hair and placed the barrel under the hair, while slightly twisting my wrist while pulling the styler down the hair.  

So I started with this....

and this....

and after a few passes I got this...

and the final look....

much much better than the before, am I right or am I right!

So I really like the product, at a price around $50 not at around $140, that's just a bit much for my shallow pockets.  On the Canadian site...https://www.instyler.ca/ they have some sort of trial offer for $15ish, just an FYI.

I do love the shine and smoothness that it provides my hair, it's a quick fix in the mornings, and I love that it can do a few different things.  So much nicer for packing, 1 as compared to like 3, yes please!  Your hair isn't super ass hot after you use it either, which makes the style much easier to maintain, as your hair doesn't have to cool down much. It does do what it says it does....at least with my hair type.

If you can find it on sale, go for it, don't get suckered in for full price ;)


Caitlin xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment