Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flower Beds

Hey Chicas!

So my back is healing.....slowly, but the important thing is that there is a slight improvement. If anything good can come for this scorching of my skin, it would have to be testing the various Sun Burn "relief" products out there.  And......ready for it.....I MAY have found a winner, another go at it tonight should determine the winner.  So at least you can heal faster, nicer, less painful then I did, when the summer comes around.  But you really shouldn't have gotten a burn in the first place.  OMG could you imagine if that had been my face!  Talk about aging yourself another 10 years in a few hours!!


So the cottage, is my parent's cottage, not mine.  I don't even own a house yet! 
Just wanted to clear that little tidbit of information up.


This was the cottage on the outside before we did anything to it.  Do we all notice that upside down lamps by the door.  It was one of the first things that I noticed.  Anal, totally, but someone needs to be able to pick these things out. :-) 


This the final result, as of now, meaning there very well could be other items changed.  We rarely leave a flower bed as is.  Which is one of the nice things about gardening you can create such different affects by the choice of plants you use, and even the color of those plants.
Taken from my camera phone, in the late afternoon, with very tired arms.

When I was young I used to H-A-T-E gardening, but now when I see the results and the before and afters, I actually like it. (Do NOT tell my mother that)

I am quite proud of the hard work, maybe not so much my crisp back, but the end results are pretty good.

Here are few more shots.....because I know you really care! :P

Click on the images to see them bigger!
You however care about the type of plants we planted.  Maybe, if not then simply browser through some other posts that catch your interest.

We tired to pick natural flowers, by that I mean, nothing too exotic for little old PEI, and ones that you can see in the wild, that fill out and will require little maintenance in the long run.

Keep in mind that all the flowers came from the charity drive (so $40 bucks for these you see and extra that we had to take home), and from the home garden.

Plants Planted:
2 types of hostas - elephant ear (dark green), and the one with the white center (sorry gardeners, I'm not sure of the names)
African Fern (appearance of a fuzzy fiddle head)
Bleeding Heart
Violets (white and purple)
Small yellow/orange lillies
Lambs year
Forget me Nots
(more to came as the names come to me!)
Hope you guys enjoyed that little post, and if you'd like to see more like this.......well tell me,
 and I shall do my best!
Caitlin xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment